2. What is Wellbeing?
What is wellbeing?
Mental wellbeing does not have a single universal definition, but it does encompass factors such as:
- The sense of feeling good about ourselves and being able to function well individually or in relationships
- The ability to deal with the ups and downs of life, such as coping with challenges and making the most of opportunities
- The feeling of connection to our community and surroundings
- Having control and freedom over our lives
- Having a sense of purpose and feeling valued
Of course, mental wellbeing does not mean being happy all the time, and it does not mean that you won’t experience negative or painful emotions, such as grief, loss, or failure, which are a part of normal life. However, whatever your age, being physically active can help you to lead a mentally healthier life and can improve your wellbeing.
If you found this helpful, please keep an eye out for more parts to this series and if you have any comments or questions please put them below and I will try and get to all of them.
Lots of Love Dan